Tuesday, January 03, 2006

THE JOY OF LAZINESS

I’ve been reading a book titled “The Joy of Laziness”, and I’m in seventh heaven!!! It’s telling me to do all the things I love doing except one – EATING! Besides that I also need to slow down my pace in life so that I can save more “life energy” – but it’s a blast. Anyone who is living the high, roller coaster life and needs to laze more should definitely pick it up and for those who like me love to laze, here is proof that we are on the right track. Sleep as much as you can, laze in bed. Ohhhhh man, Im in love with the guy who wrote it.

No more cold showers!!! (hate those), no more excessive exercising (there are other ways to stay fit without becoming the next Arnold Shortknicker), no more waking up exhausted after a late night. It also states that the average man can live upto 150 years of age, so why not give it a shot. Live healthy and at a much slower pace, not just physically but mentally too. I think we of this generation do everything to extremes, like accumulate stress, party too hard, work even harder, depression hits most of us every six month, nothing is ever enough. My great-grandfather lived over a 100 years and MashaAllah he was perfectly alright. He must have been doing something right.

Although, one thing that the book advises on and I couldn’t really give my 100 % to YET, was to start eating moderately, I’m trying and it aint so bad since I miss out one meal anyways and no more snacking between meals! I keep the snacking and bingeing for Sundays. I just finished a leisurely lunch at work, chewing this way and that and finding it hilarious since I was giving my taste buds a serious workout. Oh the pleasures of life, I think the said taste buds have been tantalized and satiated till dinner. Well, I’m a woman who appreciates the fine things in life, fine food, fine chocolate, fine men…ooopps PAUSE – Rewind – Delete… - (the fine men are on my ignore list these days, since I keep falling for scumbags and hence this year I’ve decided to change my type from tall, dark and handsome. My sister suggested short, stout, balding, ugly – it took some mental assimilation to swallow the image. I think the image got stuck in my throat, I had to cough. God, I have nothing against the kind my impish sister suggested, just that never gave them any thought, makes me seem very petty. Hell, I can’t help it if my hormones do a jig every time I chance to see the tall, dark, handsome version!! SIGH!!!! – Maybe the men should stay on the ignore list and I can save some very idiotically wasted life energy from depleting even further.) I think I’d live life like a turtle( who is a bit more active then the tortoise - lol) rather then a busy bee whose life span is about a few weeks only. On these two happy notes, I declare it SIESTA time.

Happy Napping! :D

PS – I know I digressed, it’s a bad habit…I roll from one topic to another without warning. Bear with me.

3 Comments:

Blogger psyched said...

hai na sam?! cant really imagine her on lazy mode! im the epitome of lazy - hehehe....so sol...this is my kind of read! i have to get a copy.

i had to gasp at some of the stuff u brought up - i liked the 'jig' part specially - hehehe - wooohhooo! if u get the jigs - wonder what version i have when i go thru the same;)
about the t-d-h versus the short-stout and whatever kind....u know what - just ignore all types! lol ! it wud surely save some of that life energy. ok - me also rambling now....its ok to ramble - thats what blogs are for - so keep it up! the blogging that is - not keeping u-know-what-i-mean up;)
and heeerrrreee goes psyched again! hehehe.
the chat we had that nite - man! was fun! we'l do it again...chat i mean...not the other do it - aaaaaaaaaahahahaaha - ok -me outta here!

5/1/06 19:42  
Blogger watersprite said...

Samay - Well I just list the "up and about" stuff under mild exercise. See i need to work a bit to save my life energy and have a healthier life. And oye Im a nice girl - I dont really bash men all the time...hehehe - not like you and psyched.

Psyched: Had an amazing time on chat, we got to do it again. Well Im sure you would break out into a cheap indian song and some great dance number when u encounter your version....lol (Sol rolls her eyes and whispers God Forbid..lol) Well, knowning u, youd freeze and then those big eyes of yours would send signals at the speed of light. lol

Samay we are still sane, u should have seen us yesterday...we were close to being admitted to the mental asylum. LUNATICS!! but what fun. You missed out bebe. :P

5/1/06 23:26  
Blogger psyched said...

ya sam....we were having so much fun, dint get the chance to ask where u were bz at ! :P
but dont fret, we'l also have out own session.

sol...do i really freeze and do the eye thing??????? and to who do i send the speed-of-light signals to??? my chaperones?? lol!!

6/1/06 00:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home