Sunday, March 11, 2007

Malfunctioning Weather

The weather here is mal-functioning again. Karachi weather is as confused as the people that reside here. Today, I have to admit, I am loving this particular weather abnormality. Woke up to growling thunder, a strong wind and cotton candy sky. Then I heard the ping ponging on the roof and knew this one wasn’t a teaser. Nothing can wake me up as quickly as rain - unless it’s Dad in one of his moods.

I stand in front of the window, hypnotized and calmed by the constant sheets of falling water. During a break, a plane heads for the runway rattling my windows, a train toot toots in the distance. I just stand devouring it all in, letting my senses flare. Aren’t there times when you feel you can absorb energy from something as simple as rain. Though, truth be told at the moment am craving a couple of French toasts or a stack of pancakes with lots of dripping maple syrup and a large glass of orange juice or green tea. Wish Mom was here, she’d whip up something magically suiting this weather. I think I am going to end up with a large mug of the dreaded MILK…urgh…I’m so not a milk person. The buffalo milk here – and if anyone says its cow milk I’m liable to do some serious damage – has half the buffalo swimming in it, the smell is nausea inducing, the milk itself gets your tongue stuck to the roof of your mouth with all the free floating fat and it curdles into something nasty when it hits your throat. Now that’s a mood dampener. I think in the last couple of months I’ve tried several brands just to find one that I don’t have to taste, so far its been OLWELL’s hi-Cal, low-Fat mixture, but their ad leaves a lot to be desired, why use the tag-line “You are Unstoppable”...or something along those lines, idiots don’t realize that everything and everyone is Stoppable! Hitler was eventually stopped, the Energizer Bunny stops when his batteries die out. And I’ve in all certainty digressed.

First thing I did when I jumped out of bed was call home, tell sis its raining and held the phone to the world outside asking her “Can you hear it?” Mom was on the extension so they both did. I’m sure it brought smiles all around. Wish I were home, with Bubloo-the cat curled up on my lap enjoying the weather, or well in his case he’d be calling his several lady-loves. We are seriously thinking of getting him neutered, though the thought of castrated male makes me wince. Not surprisingly, Dad and bro are totally against it, but with feline aids rampant, we have been advised several times to make him “happy and safe”. Bubloo is going to be so darned upset if he looses any part of his manhood. If we gave him the choice, he’d prefer to die sexually replete. Please don’t ask me how I know what goes around in my cat’s head, but he definitely has the females flocking. It’s probably got to do with the whole black-guy-satisfaction-guaranteed myth. Or is it a fact? Atleast, in Bubloo’s case it is definitely working. Here I go off on another tangent…

Anyways, getting back to the present. After last night’s madness, this is definitely a gift from the heavens. Literally. Before, I had realized that the weather had turned absolutely wonderful, several conversations from last night were playing amok in my head. I kept tossing and turning, cringing, telling myself that I could have said this, or that, not encouraged the argument, or given this advice to this person…but since the moments are lost, it is pointless to go over something that cannot be taken back.

Just this minute thunder did some amazing sound acrobats, and lightening added to the glamour. Show Offs. The craving for food is making my intestines knot, so am going to go fix myself the French toast and brew some green tea. No MILK today. Then I’m going to sit on my bean bag, lights off and enjoy this unexpected show, who has seen what tomorrow will bring. Hot, humid, dusty weather?

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

shall I send some Al Marai?

11/3/07 18:33  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was lovely weather yest!

loved it to bits :D went out and had pani puri lolzz :D

12/3/07 14:43  
Blogger watersprite said...

dingle: you being mean on purpose? :( Or you really want to send over a carton of al marai? :)

mansoor: it wasn't just lovely, it was everything positive...and so unexpected. I was invited for dinner at Arizona Grill, a place im not very fond of, so missed out some spectacular moments...

12/3/07 21:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sighh..bayman mausam :( (i'll also put in my two bits on the weather acrobatics in my city this past weekend)

oyee! u dint crave for my orgasmic brownies?? :P
LOL @ half the buffallows swimming in it hahahahaha...eeeewwwwwwwww
shukar hai ive gotten acustomed to nesvita (milkpak was better - but am trying to make up for the lost calcium intake) - but nothing like lacnor yaar!

loved the digressions....thats what happens when u take a long unannounced blogging break! :P
gud to see u here in form again isHprite....hope saaambhaay will also bounce back fulltime

13/3/07 12:45  
Blogger Ali khan said...

Voila... i love thunderstorm...

do ya.... ???

may its really raining... and i ask u to dance...

you know salsa dancing ... dont ya...


i like tango, salsa and libertango...

;)

1/2/10 05:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home