Monday, January 16, 2006

MAGIC n MIRACLES

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." Albert Einstein.

I've always liked Einstein, not for the scientist, but for the incredible man he was. Several of his quotes have had me in guffaws:

"When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, it seems like two minutes. When you sit on a hot stove for two minutes, it seems like two hours - that's relativity."

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. "

Then there are those, that make me applaud his genius:

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."

My favourite is the one about believing in the mysterious. He knew what he was talking about. Wonder if he ever met any faeries or sprites. If he ever wandered into the magic realm of an insatiable mind. Probably did. Into the world of magic and miracles, of make believe.

Anyways, I've gone off on a tangent, didn't want to indulge in day-dreams when reality is surrounding me in a shroud. The happenings of the last few days have had me spinning in a vortex created by destiny. The corners are circles. Circles within circles

Magic and miracles. Thats my circle.

Of family and friends, of old and new, of loss and pain, of love and joy.

I'm still smiling through my tears. Still dreaming of a time that has gone and will come again. Cannot give up on that. CANNOT.

Of walking on air, frolicking in the waves, joining hands under the sea. Finding treasures where there are none.

Magic isn't what magicians create, its what you and I have within us. What we share with those we consider as, ours.

I am a miracle and so are you.

Nothing is impossible if you just believe.

This post is for everyone who BELIEVES.

And for those who don't its about time you did!!! (PsycheD!)

The following is something I had written for someone a lifetime ago. Seems appropriate to share it here.

Memories are Treasures
Miracles we Are
Surprises are gifts from Heaven
Firsts are what we give each other
And good-byes are never Forever

3 Comments:

Blogger psyched said...

**gaaasssppppppp**!!!!
more **gaaasssssppppp**
but i do ! i do ! i do believe ! i know its in there - somewhere...just that...well.....u know me better than i know own self i guess!

and the **gasping** continues....man! my name up there - that too in bold !

btw....apart from the mysterious bit, i liked the driving and kissing part! lol!

17/1/06 01:09  
Blogger watersprite said...

Stop the **gasping** woman!!! Need a brown paper bag?

And dig out the "believe". Not with a beach spade but with the real thing. Chuck all the extras and concentrate on the positive.

You know what I always sighed when I saw a girl being kissed senseless while the guy was driving. Always wondered how he managed both. *in the movies*. Now we know. Id rather concentrate on the kissing...:P

17/1/06 14:10  
Blogger psyched said...

and i always fantacized the same scenes happening to me...**sighh**...so inshah-Allah when it does happen, I'l know what to do ;) u do the same ok!
lol

17/1/06 16:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home