Thursday, January 26, 2006

Green Eyed?

About a decade ago, two of my friends were crazy in love. He was of the Palestinan/Jordanian gorgeous breed, while she was a tall, brown-eyed, pretty, Pakistani. They were going through a rough patch regarding marriage. Since, I didnt know the reason behind the tension, I asked him and this is what he said:

Him: Habibti, I cannot marry her. [Please read it in that special way Arabs speak English]

Me: Why on earth can't you marry her? You love her, don't you?

Him: (with a look bordering close to pain) Ya habibti, I love her very much! (he rakes a hand through his golden strands), but I tell you why I cannot marry her. She has brown eyes! She don't have green eyes!

(Nods his head, encouraging me to understand, while I shake my head in bewilderment)

Me: So? What does her eye colour have to do with anything?

Him: (Throws up his hands in despair), Wallahi! If I marry her, the children will have brown eyes and not green - like MINE!

I just stood there with my mouth agape, stunned at his logic. I thought maybe I should throw something hard at his head, didnt think it would have made a difference!

Last I heard HE was seen with his wife, a blonde haired, blue eyed Palestinan
Last I heard SHE was getting married to an Afro American.

Hope they produce the right eye-coloured kids.

Wonder if their children would ever meet?

6 Comments:

Blogger psyched said...

how old was he again????????????????? :/

hasnt he heard of cosmetic lenses?????

28/1/06 17:49  
Blogger watersprite said...

Voxy: They did break up eventually, but not that night. Louuuuvvvvvrrrreeee honey. :D It usually effects the brain in funny ways. Inner beauty eh? LOL - Two words packed with innuendos. ;P

Psyched: They didnt have cosmetic lenses then, and he wanted the "kids" to have green eyes. Genetically. And they were "young and free" Very young...lol

28/1/06 22:13  
Blogger psyched said...

inner beauty my ass!!!!!!!!!!! hhmpthh! now dont get me started again with the male bashing! u know how fired up i am sp aaj kal ! >:( lemme say it again...inner beauty my asssss ! :P

29/1/06 03:11  
Blogger watersprite said...

Voxy: Shhhhh...*whispers*I think its the "inner-beauty" thats got her all het up. I really didnt want to comment on the "my ass..." bit. :D

Psyched: With that "inner beauty my ass!" you invariably - ahem - brought voxy's innuendo out in the open. :P

30/1/06 01:35  
Blogger psyched said...

from eyes - to lenses - and onto asses.........nyce work u too ! first the irani - now my ass! tiddi! sharam karo ! very afsos !! tsk tsk - u can run but u cant hide! sprite!! tell him! grrrr

btw...wasnt directing to my ass with that sarcastic comment i made! i repeat 'sarcastic'!!! sprite! explain to him! im just too fired up (again) to make any sense.

31/1/06 01:39  
Blogger just muttering said...

daymn!! i was going to say ..thats craziest thing ever ..but come to think of it ..iv herd crazier ... crap!

6/2/06 15:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home