Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Am/Was in Hibernation

The extreme, nerve-racking, chaotic past couple of months had created an upheaval of such magnitude that I felt adrift on stormy seas. Crashing into one wave after another. So churned up inside that everything was magnified. Felt too much, or didn’t feel at all. Smiled when I wanted to cry. Losses. So many changes. New chapters. New additions. Happiness underlined with sorrow. By the end of it all I was close to breaking down. So I did what I do best, re-treat in my shell. Live in my shadow. Go into hibernation.

I’m known to pull a Houdini pretty often. Its just me wanting time out from everything. Time to recharge my batteries and go ahead full-steam. Wish the Atlas had really Shrugged.

All other aspirations, cravings, needs are put on the back burner. Am diligently satisfying the yearnings of a nearly arid mind. From almost voraciously devouring books, to indulging my senses to a visual treat on the big-screen to slumbering around the clock. I don’t know what’s happening in the world unless it is put right under my nose. Family, friends, work all seem eons away. They are my constants yet sometimes I need to sever the umbilical cord just enough to feel free. I know its an illusion, yet I need it to maintain my sanity.

I think Hani hit the target with his analytical deduction of where I maybe. Yes, Ive stepped into my own Narnia.

Been listening to “Dil ke Lagee” by Nazia Hussain. I just love her nos. This one is a favourite. Credit goes to Samay for putting it on her blog as a reminder.

9 Comments:

Blogger psyched said...

dil ki lagi..........not here toooooooo :`( its haunting me!!!!!!! u shud all shud know about that! enjoy it - but dont let me get to know about it naaaaaaa!!!!!!

ok - me also severing the umbilical cord, pull a houdini and also retreat into my shell....u know very well that im as good at it! thing is, ive been waiting to take my turn, as i mentioned in one of my posts...taking my turn with the blues...lil' one is done with hers, am sure u'l be out of urs soon, that leaves me and samay....so, shll i take my turn then? waisey a major one is just round the corner, close friend from the US is going back...so i think its ok to retreat (no narnia for me!) and close shop for now....another phase....this too will pass.....next phase...Karacheeeeeeeeee!! Inshah-Allah!

22/2/06 02:10  
Blogger Read before use said...

Oh I so much I could vanish too,but my life is now incomplete without blogging.

Having no friends around,what can I do other than blog to stay connected.

22/2/06 11:42  
Blogger watersprite said...

Psyched: Sorry honey, didnt think. Just needed to hear it. Hey im not blue, just exhausted. Needed to do my own thing. You know what was happening at my end - the ups and down. And you know me. I have to jump in with both feet

Voxy: Its not hormones, its emotions. Emotions that are used, abused and re-used so at the end of it you are wound up so tight that you'll combust. It leaves me drained. So i hibernate. Wasnt miserable, or depressed or even blue. Just numb. So I stop connecting with others. For me hibernation works, it helps me get myself back before i completely slip. Guess to each his/her own

Hani: If blogging works for you, stick to it. If you want to vanish, try that too just to see how it feels. Believe me,things dont change much, at times they dont change at all but you would come back feeling good, unless ofcourse someone starts nuclear warfare while you're gone..:D

Samay: :)

22/2/06 15:24  
Blogger Read before use said...

i can't vanish, kahiin ,duniya say nahin hee vanish na ho jaon.

22/2/06 20:22  
Blogger watersprite said...

Hani: You dont have to physically disappear. :D And Allah na karay...you shouldnt say stuff like that.

22/2/06 20:37  
Blogger psyched said...

tiddi....
careful for what u wish for dude!!!u dont know what those hormones are capable of! ;)

hani....
there are ways to get away....sprite goes into hibernation....i take a flight and land on her place! hehehe....and the easiest is just to cut urself off from everyone....thats also liberating in its own way...but then again, nothing beats blogging i tell u!!!!

23/2/06 00:30  
Blogger psyched said...

aaahahahaha! see! just the mention of that put u off 'em wretched hormones!

so us fairer sex r tough huh! for putting up with em and surviving the surges that throws everything off rangent :P ohhh i cud go on and on and on.....and on.......

23/2/06 15:09  
Blogger Viks said...

Dil ki lagi is a nice song.

Well written. I can relate to some of that stuff.

I don't have much to say, because I really am as confused as you seem!

24/2/06 01:54  
Blogger watersprite said...

Viks: Thanks. Not confused, just tired. Batteries nearly dead. System malfunctioning. Need to be rebooted. :D Hope im making sense now. You know when the world starts to just get to you and u need to really do your own thing. What are you confused about?

24/2/06 02:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home